Michael Lewis, Acting Fire Marshal for the province, offers a few tips to ensure you and your loved ones have a safe holiday season.
- Always ensure fireplaces and chimneys are inspected and cleaned regularly
- Never use an electrical heating device (such as a space heater) on a power bar
- If you heat your home with wood, natural gas, oil or propane, or if you have an attached garage, make sure your home has a working carbon monoxide alarm
- Be careful not to overload circuits
- Never leave a fire unattended, whether it’s a candle or a fireplace
Click play on the video below for more tips.