Household garbage is collected on Thursday’s, biweekly in the village of Blackville.
Curbside recycling occurs on alternate weeks.
How often is garbage collected?
- Garbage is collected every two weeks on Thursday’s.
- Recyclables are picked up on alternating weeks (garbage one week, blue box the next).
- Only non-recyclable items should be placed in the garbage.
When and where to put your garbage
- Garbage should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place bags or cans on the ground as close as possible to the roadway, but not on the sidewalk, traveled roadway or on top of snow banks.
How to package your garbage
- Do not use cardboard boxes for garbage. Cardboard boxes are a recyclable item and should be placed in your blue bin.
- Make sure material is packaged or contained securely in a plastic garbage bag or garbage can to avoid loose debris.